Youth is fleeting, people like to say. And, historically, it was. By the time you got to thirty, your time on Earth was nearly over.
Today, though, things are a little different. For the first time in human history, most people have control over how long they live. Research suggests it's possible to slow down the aging process by decades, simply by looking after yourself.
Most people don’t take this approach, though. They believe they need to burn themselves up in a puff of smoke because they’ll be gone soon anyway.
But if you have a family, is that the right attitude? Wouldn’t you prefer to be there as long as possible so you can support your kids and avoid health problems as much as possible?
That’s why staying young is great for your family. Even when your grandchildren are growing up, you still have the energy to look after them and keep the family unit together.
Staying Young: It Means Doing More
Staying young is not just about looking good or feeling good. It is also about having a positive attitude, a curious mind, and a playful spirit. How many people do you know who got older and stuck in their ways? It’s something that affects a large swathe of society.
When you remain young at heart, it opens life up to you. It lets you continue bonding with your family for many years, way longer than you might expect.
Here are some of the benefits staying young offers:-
- Having fun with your kids or grandkids, like playing games or telling jokes
- Being better able to relate to younger people in your family, what they want, their interests, and their challenges
- Being able to inspire your family to live a healthier life so they wind up with fewer health problems in the future
- Regularly encouraging the family to go out on adventures, such as camping, hiking, and biking, letting them spend more time in nature
- Keeping the romance alive with your spouse or partner. Staying young can help to keep the spark in your relationship, making the marriage happier and more fulfilling.
- Keeping your sense of surprise instead of just going through the motions, plodding through years of your life without things changing significantly
How To Stay Young For Your Family
As we have seen, staying young brings multiple benefits to your life. It helps you connect with your children and maintain your facelift results.
But what do you need to do to remain younger for longer? Well, let’s take a look.
Adopt A Positive Mindset
The first step is to adopt a positive mindset. You want to be grateful for what you have and feel confident that lifestyle changes will have a significant impact on your biological age.
If you’re not sure about this, read the scientific literature. There is ample evidence that modifying how you live can have a tremendous impact on how old you are and look.
You’ve probably felt like this after going on a long, healthy vacation somewhere. You came back positively glowing. Now, imagine that same glow lasting for years, just by adopting a few lifestyle changes.
Keep Learning New Things
Another way to keep yourself young is to continuously learn new things. Challenging yourself with new languages, hobbies, and skills keeps your brain sharp and helps you remain open-minded.
Stay Physically Active
You should also remain as physically active as you can to boost your mood and improve your health. Exercising may slow down physical aging if done correctly.
You don’t need to exercise for four hours a day to experience the benefits. Just taking 45 minutes of intense training followed by a long rest sends signals to your body to act and look younger. Follow a training routine for three or four months and you’ll really start to notice the difference.
Eat A Balanced Diet
Perhaps the best way to stay young is to eat a healthy diet. Whereas other animals become healthy when you reduce the quantity of food they consume, humans appear to become healthier and live longer when you increase the quality.
But what does that mean in practice? Well, you’ll want to:-
- Eat a balanced diet that minimizes sugars, added fats and salt
- Focus on eating mainly whole plant foods
- Ensure your diet has plenty of nuts and legumes in it
- Avoid processed foods that can disrupt your hormones and make you feel depressed
Lastly, don’t forget to relax and have fun. After all, that’s what being young’s all about.