In this day and age, both parents are usually employed full time leaving them little time to really prepare a healthy home cooked meal for the family. Because of time constraints, most family opt to feast on fast food because of the convenience it provides. However, we cannot guarantee that fast food fare has the health benefits that growing children as well as adults need in order to stay healthy.
One of the vitamins essential to ward off illnesses is vitamin C which is widely known to boost immunity against disease. With regular intake (natural or as a supplement), it helps us to be protected against the common cold and other respiratory illnesses. It also speeds up wound healing and fights stress.
We can easily obtain vitamin C from fruits and vegetables, however, commercial preparation and sometimes heat through the cooking process can decrease the beneficial properties of it. The RDA (Recommended Dietary Allowances) for Vitamin C is 70-90mg, however, to reap the full benefits of the vitamin, we must be taking 500 mg of it daily.
If we opt to obtain vitamin C from natural sources such as fruits, we have to consume a lot of it. Let's take for example, an orange. A regular sized orange contains only 97mg of Vitamin C. Which means, we must consume at least 5 oranges a day to get a little less than 500mg. However, the downside of it is that it would cause too much acid in our stomach. We don't want that, do we?
Let us now tackle the idea of taking vitamin C supplements. The market is flooded with different kinds of vitamin C preparations, all claiming the maximum health benefits of the vitamin. However, the best one I have encountered so far is Mega C Vitamin C. One of the things that sets this brand apart from the rest is that it comes in an all natural veggie capsule. The greatest benefit, however, lies in the fact that Mega C is non-acidic, which would be good for me because I suffer from hyper-acidity from time to time specially when I am stressed.
Mega C offers 12 benefits for you to make you switch to their brand:
1. Mega C is non acidic with a pH range of 7.5 to 7.8
2. It helps fight stress by boosting your immune system to help prevent you from the flu, cough, bronchitis, respiratory problems and other viral and bacterial infections.
3. It protects your cardiovascular system, particularly your heart, from bad cholesterol.
4. It protects the body from carcinogens found in processed meats and by blocking the reaction between nitrates and proteins
5. It has a direct effect on collagen and it has shown that it has the capacity to mend skin and bone injuries
6. It helps reduce the insulin requirement of those suffering from Type 1 diabetes, multiple sclerosis and spondylitis.
7. Its antihistamine function helps fight all forms of allergies
8. It enhances sexual performance by making the endurance glands perform at its peak level.
9. Its antioxidant properties prevent the weakening of the sperm cells
10. It smoothens and whitens your skin.
11. It prevents constipation and reduces the size of hemmorhoids.
12. It uses a vegetable capsule, which is all natural and retains all the advantages of a standard two-piece capsule.
Learning about all the benefits that I could get from it, I am so convinced that Mega C would be a better brand for my family. I would suggest that you too make that big switch. Health is Wealth!
Find out more about this amazing product through the following links:
Mega C is available in all leading drugstores nationwide.