Life begins at 40.
I am past that 40 year mark as I write.
My mind chooses to remember only a few things that happened before I hit my 40th birthday...
- My great childhood
- Winning the Reading Award in 4th grade
- Winning 2nd place in an Art Competition in 6th grade
- High school life at St. Paul College Quezon City
- Being a member of the Pepsi Skateboard Team
- Breaking my forearm during a bad fall at skateboard practice
- High school graduation
- College life at the University of Santo Tomas
- Giving birth to my first born, Kristine Anne in 1986
- Attending Medical School at Fatima University
- Giving birth to my second child, Irvin Jason in 1991
- My father's passing in 1992 due to lung cancer
- My Mom's long road to recovery after Daddy's passing
- Giving birth to my youngest child, John Michael Clarence in 1993
- Working for the government
- Going abroad as an OFW in Taiwan
- Coming home after working 2 years in Taiwan
The road I traveled was a common road, nice and smooth in some parts, beaten and rugged in some. There were angels along the way, however, I had encountered "monsters" who pulled me away from my road . I stood strong and made a choice.
I chose to be free. I chose to have a better life for my kids. I chose to be happy.
I am getting there. THIS IS MY JOURNEY.